Natural calamities are unavoidable. One fine morning, you might wake up to a flooded house, thanks to an unexpected storm at night. What’s next? Probably, you can try cleaning the water and drying the place, but is that enough? Experts agree that professional cleaning and restoration is more than essential, especially after natural calamities. Here are some quick tips that may help in finding the right service.
Understand the situation
Water logging is not just about material damage. Probably there will be considerable losses with regards to your household goods, belongings, appliances and furniture, but water leaks can also lead to structural damage, which is even more dangerous. It is important that you check the house and the entire property for broken roof, wall cracks and exposed wires. If the water logging has impacted your appliances, you need to be more careful. The best idea is to cut off water and power supply, if possible. In case of possible structural damage, it is wise to vacate the property, especially if you have smaller kids, older parents or kids at home.
Finding a service
There are many trustworthy services that offer water restoration Dundalk, MD, but the most effective way to choose one is seeking referrals. Talk to your family members, friends and neighbors to know about local services, or else, check online. Most services have their websites, where you can check their work and other details. Make sure that you ask for their client references for better evaluation of their claims.
Things to check
- Is the company responsive? Ideally, restoration services should send their teams within an hour of receiving a client call.
- Are they insured and licensed? You will be surprised to know that some companies don’t even have basic insurance, especially workers’ compensation insurance. The concerned service must also have a registered address.
- Do they offer free estimates? Estimates and quotes for the job are usually offered for free. Make sure that you ask for it in advance, so that you can avoid unwanted disputes later.
- Will they offer guarantee on the work done? This is another aspect that needs attention. Most services will offer a minimum-time guarantee for any possible issues after the job is done.
- What kind of tools do they use? Drying, cleaning and dehumidification should start as timely as possible and must be completed at the earliest. Check the kind of equipment and tools they use for the work.
Hire a service today!